Monday, February 18, 2013

RV trip to New Orleans-Mardi Gras 2013

Friday, February 8, 2013
Left the campground for another great New Orleans tradition "Coffee & Beignets" before starting the Natchez Paddle Cruise at Mississippi River. Lunch was included and it was a Cajun meal. Cruised through Mississippi River with the Captain doing all the talking. On our way back it was getting too cold out so we decided to go inside the dining room to warm up. When we got there a guy approached me and asked me if I'm from Chino Hills. I guessed he recognized me, he knew my sister Remy and most of the Filipino friends that we know. We talked for a while and his name is Mando Santos. What a small world, he works in Baton Rouge and he's with another guy that also work with him.





















After the cruise we went back to the campground and rested and also took a nap. Getting ready for the annual Bal Masque Presentation at University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena. It was a formal night. Had formal dining and followed by the Bal Masque Tableau. It is the reproduction of the Rex and Queen of Mardi Gras. Had some cocktails and a lot of dancing. Got back to the camp at 10:00 pm.

1 comment: